- Robert E. Petersen Collection
- Ancient Firearms - 1350 to 1700
- Road to American Liberty - 1700 to 1780
- A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
- The American West - 1850 to 1900
- Innovation, Oddities and Competition
- Theodore Roosevelt and Elegant Arms - 1880s to 1920s
- World War I and Firearms Innovation
- WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Beyond - 1940 to Present
- For the Fun of It
- Modern Firearms - 1950 to Present
- Hollywood Guns
- A Nation Asunder - 1861 to 1865
Gwyn & Campbell Carbine
Also known as the "Union", "Grapevine," and "Monkeytail" carbine, the Gwyn & Campbell was made in Hamilton, Ohio. About 8,200 were manufactured from 1863 to 1864.
This .52 caliber percussion breechloader had a 20 inch round barrel . Cavalry regiments from Arkansas, Illinois, Kansas ,Tennessee, Ohio and Missouri received these arms from the thirteen US Ordnance department contracts issued.