- Robert E. Petersen Collection
- Ancient Firearms - 1350 to 1700
- Road to American Liberty - 1700 to 1780
- A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
- A Nation Asunder - 1861 to 1865
- The American West - 1850 to 1900
- Innovation, Oddities and Competition
- Theodore Roosevelt and Elegant Arms - 1880s to 1920s
- World War I and Firearms Innovation
- WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Beyond - 1940 to Present
- For the Fun of It
- Modern Firearms - 1950 to Present
- Hollywood Guns
High Standard Military Model 106 Pistol
This semi-automatic pistol was presented to Trudy Schlernitzauer as the 1969 National Woman's Pistol Champion at Camp Perry, Ohio in 1969. The pistol's slide bears an inscription for this presentation. Trudy Schlernitzauer also won the Woman's National Pistol Championship in 1965 and 1968.
Representing the United States in the 38th World Shooting Championships, held in Cairo, Egypt in 1962, Trudy Schlernitzauer won third place in rapid fire pistol and fifth place in center-fire pistol competition. The center-fire pistol competition for the woman's matches at this International Shooting Union (ISU) championship involved firing .22 rimfire handguns. A bronze medal depicting Egyptian archers in competition was awarded to Mrs. Schlernitzauer.