- Robert E. Petersen Collection
- Ancient Firearms - 1350 to 1700
- Road to American Liberty - 1700 to 1780
- A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
- The American West - 1850 to 1900
- Innovation, Oddities and Competition
- Theodore Roosevelt and Elegant Arms - 1880s to 1920s
- World War I and Firearms Innovation
- WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Beyond - 1940 to Present
- For the Fun of It
- Modern Firearms - 1950 to Present
- Hollywood Guns
- A Nation Asunder - 1861 to 1865
Sig 550 2SP CounterSniper rifle
A very limited number of Sig 550 rifles were configured for law enforcement/military police tactical roles as countersniper rifles. Fitted with a Hensoldt tritium-illuminated optic and a modified folding stock with a cheekpiece, this semi-automatic rifle was also outfitted with a folding bipod and target trigger stop.
This firearm was donated in 2007 from the family of Bruce Stern. Mr. Stern's military firearms collection was one of the largest private collections in North America.