- Robert E. Petersen Collection
- Ancient Firearms - 1350 to 1700
- Road to American Liberty - 1700 to 1780
- A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
- A Nation Asunder - 1861 to 1865
- The American West - 1850 to 1900
- Innovation, Oddities and Competition
- Theodore Roosevelt and Elegant Arms - 1880s to 1920s
- World War I and Firearms Innovation
- WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Beyond - 1940 to Present
- For the Fun of It
- Modern Firearms - 1950 to Present
- Hollywood Guns
Colt Model 1851 Percussion revolver
This engraved revolver, the first of this model produced at Colt's London Armory, was owned by W.C. "Buffalo Bill" Cody and the poet scout, Captain Jack Crawford. Cody's name appears on the barrel flat of this revolver.
Loaned by A Friend of NRA.