- Robert E. Petersen Collection
- Ancient Firearms - 1350 to 1700
- Road to American Liberty - 1700 to 1780
- A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
- A Nation Asunder - 1861 to 1865
- The American West - 1850 to 1900
- Innovation, Oddities and Competition
- Theodore Roosevelt and Elegant Arms - 1880s to 1920s
- World War I and Firearms Innovation
- WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Beyond - 1940 to Present
- For the Fun of It
- Modern Firearms - 1950 to Present
- Hollywood Guns
Czech VZ54 Sniper rifle
Czechoslavakian VZ54 bolt-action sniper rifle. This model was adopted in 1954 and is based on a refinished WWII Mosin Nagant rifle action which had the Soviet markings removed and the Czech arsenal marking "she" added. This example was reproofed for export. The model was in production for only three years before being replaced by the Russian SVD.
This firearm was donated in 2007 from the family of Bruce Stern. Mr. Stern's military firearms collection was one of the largest private collections in North America.