- Robert E. Petersen Collection
- Ancient Firearms - 1350 to 1700
- Road to American Liberty - 1700 to 1780
- A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
- The American West - 1850 to 1900
- Innovation, Oddities and Competition
- Theodore Roosevelt and Elegant Arms - 1880s to 1920s
- World War I and Firearms Innovation
- WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Beyond - 1940 to Present
- For the Fun of It
- Modern Firearms - 1950 to Present
- Hollywood Guns
- A Nation Asunder - 1861 to 1865
Steyr AUG rifle
One of the first semi-automatic rifles to be constructed using polymer components, the AUG is one of the rifles in daily service with Austrian military forces. Utilizing a polymer box magazine that attaches in a bullpup configuration, this rifle has as its primary sighting system a 1.1X optic built into the receiver carrying handle.
This firearm was donated in 2007 from the family of Bruce Stern. Mr. Stern's military firearms collection was one of the largest private collections in North America.