STORE BRAND CROSSOVER LIST- Many guns made during the mid 20th Century were marked with "Trade Names" for a specific distributor or retail chain store such as Western Auto or Sears instead of the manufacturer's name. This handy list provides a cross-reference of Store Brands to original manufacturer and model number. While this list not comprehensive, it does cover most major stores and chains that have had their name put on guns by other manufacturers.
Information courtesy of The Blue Book of Gun Values by S.P. Fjestad.
From The Blue Book of Gun Values
Articles by Jim Supica
- A Brief History of Firearms
- What's my gun worth?
- Evaluating Firearms Condition
- Hard to identify or value firearms
- Pieces of History: A system for evaluating historically attributed firearms
- How to be a Gun Collector
- Collectors Federal Firearms License
- How to ship guns and ammo
- Gun Auction Buying Tips