- Robert E. Petersen Collection
- Ancient Firearms - 1350 to 1700
- Road to American Liberty - 1700 to 1780
- A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
- A Nation Asunder - 1861 to 1865
- The American West - 1850 to 1900
- Innovation, Oddities and Competition
- Theodore Roosevelt and Elegant Arms - 1880s to 1920s
- World War I and Firearms Innovation
- WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Beyond - 1940 to Present
- For the Fun of It
- Modern Firearms - 1950 to Present
- Hollywood Guns
Guns of the Yacht United States
This firearm is on exhibit at the NRA National Sporting Arms Museum in Springfield, MO.
This pistol is one of four commissioned from Colt by Colonel Green for his yacht, the SS United States. Each pistol was factory engraved and gold-plated before the custom stocks were fitted.