- Robert E. Petersen Collection
- Ancient Firearms - 1350 to 1700
- Road to American Liberty - 1700 to 1780
- A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
- A Nation Asunder - 1861 to 1865
- The American West - 1850 to 1900
- Innovation, Oddities and Competition
- Theodore Roosevelt and Elegant Arms - 1880s to 1920s
- World War I and Firearms Innovation
- WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Beyond - 1940 to Present
- For the Fun of It
- Modern Firearms - 1950 to Present
- Hollywood Guns
Russian SVT Sniper
This semi-automatic sniper rifle model was pressed into service to provide enhanced accuracy for the repeating SVT rifles. The receiver of the SCVT was grooved to allow a slip-on scope mount to be fitted with a modified 3.5X PU pattern scope that was already used with Mosin Nagant 91/30 sniper models.
This firearm was donated in 2007 from the family of Bruce Stern. Mr. Stern's military firearms collection was one of the largest private collections in North America.